Sunday 18 December 2011

My Teaching Philosophy


MY TEACHING PHYLOSOPHY


“A teacher is a person who teaches especially for a living.” As a teacher not only do you teach students, but teachers are parents, social workers, nurses, and even friends. A good teacher should be able to play all of these roles and will be successful throughout their teaching career.

My Philosophy on Education encompasses many areas but the result is an approach that I feel will educate a student in the best possible way. The first aspect of my philosophy is respect. I must respect my students and let them know they are respected before any trust can take place in an educational setting. If there is no trust then learning cannot take place between the teacher and student. The more I involved with my students and the more they know I care the more learning can take place.

My second aspect of my teaching philosophy is understands. I wanted to be more understanding teacher. So that I can understand my student better and they can easily catch up what I am going to teach them. While teaching, I will ask some question to make sure that my students understand what the point that I try to deliver to them.

Thirdly, I wanted to create a free environment class where there is no gap between me and my students. During class session, interaction to each other may occur, and then they can easily ask and give their own opinion because for me while teaching, there is learning in other side. I believe that a friendly environment in classroom will maximize the possibility real learning to take place. This is because learning will be easier and fun when students feel comfortable in class where they can voice up their opinions freely. Besides, students will be keen on studies when they have a feeling of being appreciated. I strongly feel that students can arouse our interest in teaching when they show achievements in their study.

My last teaching philosophy is to become a great and smart teacher. In order to fulfill my dream, I have to prepare some plan. I have to make sure that my lecture is well prepared, interesting and organize. I also will update my knowledge about what I am going to teach them. The most important thing is that I want my students to do their best in their study to fulfill their parents and their own dreams. By doing that, I know they will grow up as a strong, excellent and responsible new generation that will help to accomplish our mission in 2020.

My teaching philosophy has always been to impart knowledge to my student so that they can give their best to mankind, community, country and religion. Based on my knowledge about education, it is important that we help develop our students to be a good human being so that they can serve mankind with their best and great services. Besides, I will also impart a good habit and idealism to my student to make sure they growth with a good human kind. Based on the most famous role model in teaching , ‘treat the other how we like to be treat, respect the other how we like to be respect and teach the other how we like to be teach’. In Islam, teaching is an ‘ibadah’ as a mean of devotion to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Science Project

My Frenz & Me